YOUNG SCIENTIST AWARD AFM 2020
School of Applied Sciences, Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT) Deemed to be University, Institute of Eminence (IOE), Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India, is pleased to announce Young Scientist Award AFM 2020 (YSA-AFM 2020) to recognize the scientific contribution of outstanding young scientists on Advances on Functional Materials within the last 2 years (between 2018-2020). The deadline is August 20, 2020. To qualify for YSA-AFM 2020, the applicant must be under 35 years of age on August 20, 2020, and the first author or corresponding author of a paper submitted for oral presentation at AFM, 2020. The AFM 2020 KIIT Young Scientist Program Committee will select awardee after peer-review of the applications.
For more information and application, see the eligibility criteria.
The eligibility criteria are stated as follows:
- The topic of the paper must be related to Functional materials, Nanomaterials, Surfaces and Interfaces, Nano Diagnostics, and Devices
- The paper must be published in a journal, which is in the Q1 Quartile of its category according to Scimago Journal & Country Rank or top 10 percentile according to Incites Journal Citation Reports: https://www.scimagojr.com, https://clarivate.com/products/web-of-science/
- The candidate must be either the corresponding author or the first author of the paper.
- The competition is open to young researchers (Not more than 2 years after Ph.D. graduation date).
- The papers will be evaluated by an interdisciplinary committee, which will be formed by the Scientific Technical Executive Board of School of Applied Sciences, AFM 2020 KIIT Young Scientist Program Committee.
- The deadline of the submission is 20th August 2020.
- The candidates must submit a soft copy of their paper and the application form including a brief summary no longer than 2 pages, documentation of international ranking of the journal in the respective field, the IF -factor of the journal and citations to that the study received, a CV of the candidate and 2 reference letters (one being the M.Sc./M.Tech, Ph.D. or Post Doc adviser) supporting the candidate. The application soft copy should be sent to S. K. S. Parashar ([email protected]).
- Paper will be selected by the Evaluation Committee according to originality, significance and rigour of the paper, international ranking of the journal in the respective field, the IF-factor of the journal and citation.
- The finalist will be presenting his/her paper in the AFM 2020, which will be organized on 27-28th August 2020.
The Young Scientist Award AFM 2020 (YSA–AFM 2020) will be announced in valedictory session on August 28, 2020.